Elk Lake Veterinary Hospital has an opportunity for an experienced and skilled full-time Hospital Assistant to join the family.
In this role, you will be responsible for delivering outstanding customer service to our human clients and exceptional medical care to our patients.
As a hospital assistant, you will have a diverse range of skills and be adaptable and dependable. Depending on the day you will have the opportunity to assist the medical team in their daily tasks, such as patient care, cleaning, feeding and other medical procedures. You will also have the opportunity to build rapport with our clientele by assisting the customer service team with booking appointments, answering phone calls and taking payments.
The successful addition to our team will be;
- Able to hit the floor running using their experience and knowledge while also being able to learn and adapt in a very fast-paced environment
- Able to submit and request external diagnostics including laboratory, imaging and interpretation
- Able to use and maintain medical equipment such as autoclaves and ultrasonic cleaners
- Proficient knowledge in wrapping surgical packs and the cleaning/sterilization process
- Experienced in safe handling and restraint for treatments and diagnostics of many companion animals
- Knowledge of set up and tear down protocols for daily surgeries and dental procedures
- Adept and meticulous skills in cleaning/sterilization of surgical suites, treatment areas and examination rooms
- Knowledgeable in common prescription and therapeutic veterinary diets
- Knowledge of common prescription medications
- Familiar with common feline and canine vaccinations, worming and flea and tick products
- Able to accurately record vitals and basic TPR
- Diligent and meticulous in record-keeping such as logbooks, communication and updating client/patient files
- A lover of all pets and their people. Able to confidently and articulately communicate and educate clients
- A patient advocate who treats all animals like their own
- A problem-solver who wants to create the experience for all clients and patients of our hospital
- Exceptionally organized and able to manage time effectively to help ensure the team remains on schedule and all daily tasks are completed
- vibrant, vivacious and a source of energy
- Reliable takes pride in their work and always acts with honesty and integrity
In return, you will get
- A workplace that prides itself on its family environment, strong culture and work-life balance
- Eligibility to apply for medical and dental benefits as well as utilize our Employee Assistance Program at the successful completion of the probationary period
- Additional days of paid time off per year
- Discounted veterinary care and products
- Staff lunch events
- Scrub allowance
- Quarterly Profit sharing incentive program
Prior experience in cloud-based practice management software will be highly regarded
2+ years minimum experience as a Veterinary Assistant or demonstrated equivalent skill required
Saturday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm shifts required.